Thursday, October 28, 2010

MAC Blogger Roundtable, My Responses




1. What has been the biggest surprise for your MAC team this season? Can be good or bad, player or team?

That's a tough one.  In general, of course, I'm surprised we are doing this poorly, but then again if you had told me about the injuries, I would not have been too surprised that the team is 1-7.  I guess I'm going to say that I am surprised at the number of guys who saw time last year who are not getting any time this year at all, even as the team is struggling.  I can think of WRs and DBs who fall in this category, and you wonder what happened.

2. Hypothetical: your team has been selected to play in a bowl game -- from which MAC-tied bowl would you like to receive an invite ?

Of course, in BG's case this is taking the word hypothetical to the extreme.  I think the best Bowl in the MAC is the one in Mobile.  You are a big fish in a small pond, and it seems like the truest Bowl Week experience...something that is a lot harder to get in Detroit, DC, or Boise.  And the weather is nice.  All that was true when the sponsor was GMAC.  Now that the Go Daddy girls are involved....case closed!  (I personally think each player should get a domain name in their goodie bag.

3. In your bowl game answer from above -- what opponent (any) would you like to face and why?

I'd face Idaho to rematch last year's Humanitarian Bowl.

4. Only a few weeks remain in this season, what has to happen in the remaining games for your team to finish on an upswing / maintain / save the season / etc. ?

Clearly, the Falcons are having a tough season.  We are clearly in the saving the season mode, with four games left.  Of course, a 4th straight win over the Rockets would certainly end the season on an up note, followed closely by a win over Miami.

5. Rank the teams in the order you expect to see them at the close of the season.

East

1.  NIU
2.  UT
3.  WMU
4.  CMU
5.  EMU
6.  Ball St

West

1.  Temple
2.  OU
3.  Miami
4.  Kent
5.  Buffalo
6.  BG
7. Akron

No comments :