Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ryan's Falcon Preview

The Blade has its preview of the Falcon hoops team up this morning....

A couple of notes....

There is the first confirmation of the suspensions of Miller, Knight and Medlock for the Minnesota trip. These had been a poorly kept secret for some time, but there is the first official word. It will make the Georgia State game even tougher, in my opinion. My sources tell me that these incidents are minor and don't seem to indicate systemic problems in the program. Time will tell, of course.

Also, Ryan notes that Au'ston Calhoun isn't practicing as he tries to become eligible to play.

The key point of the article is that Coach Orr had a rough season his first year at Seton Hall...and then things improved the second season and they went to the Big Dance. Obviously, we're all hoping to see the same thing here. I think a three-win improvement is most likely, but if everything I mentioned in my preview comes around, then BG could be dangerous.

A final note: I thought Ryan made an excellent point on Otis Polk. It would be great to get more than 19 minutes per game out of him.

No comments :