Saturday, November 29, 2008

Breaking News--Brandon has coached last game at BG

I can't believe what I am seeing, but the Blade is saying that Gregg Brandon has coached his last game at BG. Never, ever, ever, did I expect to see us get rid of a coach with three years left on his deal...one year after a three year extension.

I'm stunned.

More to come.

Update 1: BG has official release on website...

"This was a difficult decision, but ultimately I believe it's time for BGSU football to make a coaching change," said Christopher. "Gregg's time at Bowling Green has been marked by a number of accomplishments. I want to thank him for his dedication and commitment to Falcon football."

Update #2: Just a thought. We have lots of competition for a new Coach, just within our conference. Openings as of today include:

  • Miami (Montgomery resigned today)
  • Toledo
  • BG
  • EMU

And that's doesn't include the following coaches who could get new jobs:

  • Turner Gill, Buffalo
  • Brady Hoke, BSU
  • Butch Jones, CMU

No comments :