Monday, November 24, 2008

Schadenfreude Realized...


OK, I'm going to reveal a petty and childish side of myself...

This Fall, Eastern Michigan won a game at the Doyt. They proceeded to celebrate as if they had won the Super Bowl, making themselves look like...well...the losers they are. I guess "act like you've been there before" didn't make it into the EMU book.

Their coach, a former Falcon, proceeded to head into the locker room and burned his Falcon jersey in some kind of comical motivational ritual. Here's what I said at the time....

A final note: I always had some residual affection for Jeff Genyk, the EMU Coach because he is a BG Grad, but now that he opted to burn his Falcon jersey in the locker room after the game, I now wish him a plague of a thousand years. He is now on my banned for life list. I'd like to say we will pay him back next year, but by then he'll be an assistant coach at Temple.

Well, Eastern proceeded to head off, and not win another game all season (unless they shock CMU this week--no stop laughing) and today Coach Genyk was relieved of his duties as football coach at one of the five worst programs in D-1, and the only one where he could have ever been a head coach.

To our shame, the win over BG was Eastern's only D-IA win this season. Hope that jersey burning went well, Lombardi.

So, a couple final things for Coach Genyk...

#1--Note...you didn't resign. You were fired.

#2--There's no such thing as the Michigan MAC Championship.

#3Your best season was 4-8. Prepare to tell your grandkids about it.

#4....




#5.....Check this link out for your future....

Sigh....Pure pleasure on my dark side.

No comments :