Monday, September 10, 2012

Game Day Experience

Just a quick post on what is, in my opinion, the forgotten part of filling the Doyt:  the game day experience.  Yes, a winning team comes first.  Creature comfort comes second.

On the positive side, the new scoreboard is excellent and they are making much better use of it.  Love it when we get into the stands during the game.  The sound system sounded good, the PA announcer seemed to be able to recognize all our guys and the ref's mic didn't sounded good, and not like a drive-thru fast food restaurant.  On as nice a night as that was, it was a really nice night.

On the needing improvement side, if I was Nesquik I would want my money back for the two times that the Nesquik out of town scoreboard ran and had scores that were three hours out of date.  I loved the starting lineup announcement and it would be perfect with a little rehearsal between the announcer and the video op.

Finally, I have read on the web that there were problems getting students into the stadium, which seems to be something that is ongoing.  It was a great student turnout and some left at halftime but a lot did stay.  I almost never buy concessions inside the stadium, but mostly people are complaining about the cost, which has been a problem starting with the opening of the Stroh.

And I watched a woman have to pour out about six ounces of water she was bringing in, which I just think is stupid.  No, I don't care if everyone else does it.  Thanks for mentioning it.

The experience has improved quite a bit over the past few years, which shouldn't be lost on anyone.  We have made incremental improvements over a number of years and cumulatively, it is a lot different and mostly better.  If we're committed to ongoing upgrades like those, I am supportive.

No comments :