Saturday, December 06, 2008

Last Night's Game

Let me just say, that's why I love college football. (I didn't see the game because, hey, RICHROD, I do have a life.)

I'm going to be happy for Buffalo--they have come so far in so little time, and the players there today took a huge leap of faith heading to that program. And I am happy for them...a great upset, but a team that is underrated when you look at their body of work.

I would not have been sorry to see Ball State win. They were an excellent team that won despite losing the second best player. I think they are classy, and they survived a really challenging conference schedule, with all the pressure on them. I'm tempted to say that it would have been good for the MAC for them to go undefeated, but, you know, we're never going to sit at the grown up table no matter what we do.

I'm sublimating thoughts that we were one on-side kick from beating the Buffalo team...and if we had been in Detroit, I think we might have beaten a BSU team turning the ball over that often. Nope. Not gonna think about that.

No comments :