Saturday, September 17, 2011

And Checking in with our current coach

One thing that I think we tend to forget about when we think about Coach Clawson is that even though he was coaching I-AA, he brought along some pretty good players.  NFL players.  It is one of the reasons I think he is a proven coach who will develop a winner at BG.

Check this article out, as grateful Clawson pupil Tim Hightower sends a big box full of Redskin swag to the BG coaching offices.  Don't miss the reference to Brian Westbrook.

"You can't buy your appreciation for somebody else, but you do certain things to show somebody, regardless of whatever happens, 'Hey, I appreciate the coaching, I appreciate the support, I appreciate whatever it is,'" Hightower said. "Without that stuff, I wouldn't even be in the position that I am today. To me, it was almost a no-brainer. I was almost upset at myself I didn't do it earlier."

No comments :