Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Okay Falcon Fans...

Quick....was Mike Ward a good DC or not?

I think prior to this past weekend, a lot of fans were not so sure..(or, they WERE sure...)

and then he got hired to coach at (OMG!!) UT!, and, well, suddenly he started to look better.

Yes, and Matt Campbell is not going to go to Wyoming....but he will coach the Rockets too.

A couple things. First, I don't know how good a coach Mike Ward was. The results were mixed to good for the defense under his watch. I'd say that I look forward to facing his prevent defense next year, but that would be catty. Plus, I want us to be ahead.

I will say this. I have heard from several sources that he was a first class person, someone players respected and who recruits were looking to. So, I'm sorry to lose that.

And, this is a really good move by Beckman. He solidifies his staff, gets someone in talking to recruits right now, maybe poaches a couple, and gets a pretty good coach.

Not to panic, Falcon fans. There are lots of good coaches out there, just looking for this opportunity. No one is irreplaceable. We're going to get an infusion of new energy, too. Tim Beckman may be a really good coach at UT. And if we get the right coach, that will just make our team better.

No comments :