Saturday, December 06, 2008

In case you haven''t seen them yet

The initial concepts for the Stroh Center were released this week by BG, on the same day that the Rockets were opening their retread facility. NICE!

Anyway, here's what they look like. My opinion? They're eye popping. I love the feel you get from the inside--I think it gets at what they promised, which was an Anderson Arena intimacy in a new facility. The outside is also great. The exterior approach creates excitement and sells tickets. The giant Falcon??? Oh so sweet. I'm pumped.

Wait. This is the Internet. I have to bitch about something....let's see. OK! The Arena is located in Lot Six out by the Football Stadium. It was a lot better when the Arena was on the main part of campus and you could walk there if you were a student. What kind of Mickey Mouse operation is this, anyway?

No, really, I'm psyched....for opening day, 2011. (Why so long? That's another thing!)

The first view is from I-75, the second from Wooster, and the third is a game where we are playing (I think, if you look closely) Michigan.

Enjoy....



No comments :