Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Camellia Warning Signs..

I have to say that I have some pretty big worries about the Camellia Bowl coming up Saturday.

The whole Karma of the thing seems to be going in the wrong direction, and I'm very worried about what kind of result we are going to get.

Let's run down the items.

First, this is the biggest thing in their program's history.  You follow them on twitter and other things, they are geeked up.  They are going into this game as if it is huge...think back to when BG made a bowl game and went out to the California Bowl way back when.  That kind of excited.

I could be wrong, but let's just say I don't sense the same kind of enthusiasm around here.

Second, the game is pretty close to their fans.  They are selling out their allotments and I would expect them to have a pretty nice home crowd advantage on Saturday.  I would expect the BG crowd to be minimal.

So, while USA is thrilled to be here, my guess is that BG is not.

Now, BG should win this game.  I haven't done the whole analysis thing, but I think we should be the better team--if we play like we are capable of playing.  Coach was using the "seniors" motivation, which didn't work for the UT game or the Ball State game, so maybe the third time will be the charm.

Anyway, love to be wrong, but it seems to me that all the mojo is going in the wrong direction.

No comments :