Thursday, December 12, 2013

A couple football notes....three little birds...

So, a couple notes from the football team...

First, Adam Scheier is one thing for sure...the funniest head coach (I suspect) we have ever had.  I mean intentionally funny, not Doyt Perry "scatter out in bunches" funny.

Anyway, here is how he described Day 2 on the job.


See?  I was reminded of one other thing, which is that I have been saying that teams win bowl games under these circumstances every year without remembering that San Jose State, in fact, beat BG last year under these exact circumstances...coaching staff on the way out, head coach gone, those guys played hard and won the game.

I don't know what will happen.  I don't know what will happen next year or the year after.  I'm sure of this.  BG will bring a strong game on the 26th.  Might win, might lose, but we'll be fine on the field.

A lot of people want to talk about the Denny Stolz thing.  That was my senior year.  I remember it well.  There is a difference.  First, Stolz took the job the week of the game, when game prep was going on.  His attention was clearly divided.  In this case, the guy leading our game prep is focused on it.  Also, such a thing was rare in those days and less so now.  You see it all the time, it doesn't give the team the shock value.

We will be fine on the 26th.

Some of you are worried about recruits.  Here is what Scheier says:


This is my message to you...


No comments :