Sunday, March 14, 2010

NCAA Tournament, List of Shame....

OU gets a #14 seed.  I think Kent had a shot at a 12 or 13, but OU's season record and conference rank precludes that.  If they are going to stop the MAC's 6 year losing streak, they are going to have to pull a pretty big upset.....they drew Georgetown, a really good team.  Sometimes we get a better seed and pick up a middlin' team that is ready to be upset.  In this case, not so much.

As for the streak of BG's last NCAA appearance, it continues now to 42 years.  At some point this year, it looked like William and Mary, Harvard and Northwestern could all get in....but we dodged a bullet on all three.  In fact, no one slipped by us this year.  On the other hand, BG remains on this rather sad list.....

Maybe next year.....

(List of all teams with a longer non-NCAA appearance streak than BGSU)

Columbia: Last appeared in 1968
Tennessee Tech: Last appeared in 1963
Yale: Last appeared in 1962
Maine: Division I since 1962
New Hampshire: Division I since 1962
Centenary (La.): Division I since 1960
Dartmouth: Last appeared in 1959
Harvard: Last appeared in 1946
Army: Division I since 1948
Citadel: Division I since 1948
Northwestern: Division I since 1948
St. Francis (N.Y.): Division I since 1948
William & Mary: Division I since 1948

No comments :