Thursday, March 25, 2010

Great Freddie Barnes Story.....

Here's a great story all Falcon fans should read....Freddie Barnes is heading back to his hometown as part of an exhibition where local high school players will play against NFL players in a basketball game.  Barnes, who was also a standout in basketball, will coach the local high school players.

He will also talk about his graduation in May...and how he had to switch from QB to WR, and he can still be in the NFL.  He will talk about being flexible in pursuit of your goals...and how he expects to tear up when he gets his degree.

It is a great story and a true inspiration. There are lots of times when Freddie had easier choices than the ones he made. But, unlike too many others, he has converted his athletic scholarship into a degree, as well as being a finalist for a prestigious national award.

Freddie, you're a true Falcon, and we're proud of you.

Excepts below. Entire story a must-read.

"I have a feeling I'm going to tear up a little bit when I get that degree," Barnes said. "My family is very proud, which means a great deal to me. My mother has worked so hard to teach me how to avoid making mistakes, to be a good person and to try to help others."
"Everything changed for me when Dave Clawson became our head coach and Mark Carney was named receivers coach for the 2009 season," Barnes said. "It was a fresh start for everybody. We became a big-time passing team and I was right in the middle of the game plan."
"My junior year was no fun at all," Barnes said. "I had injuries and went through depression. But my faith in God and my family pulled me through it."

No comments :