Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dose of Humility, Part II

So, having looked at my game by game predictions, let's take a look at what I said about the MAC in my predictions for the conference.

Here were my picks, the media's picks, and then where they actually finished.



Obviously, I was eventually disappointed in the team Akron had.  They were good.  I thought they were very good.  I didn't think Kent had the inside game to win, but they obviously did.  No one saw OU coming because they were so young, but I did allow in my prediction that I thought OU would not be down long, and I certainly believe that now.

And yes, I was clearly wearing orange-colored glasses as it relates to BG.

In the West, the media picked CMU correctly.  However, they whiffed pretty bad on NIU, and I feel good that I saw WMU coming.  Ball State did a little better than anyone anticipated, however, it is important to remember that EMU, BSU and WMU tied, so there is just a lot of junk hanging around the middle in this division.

I liked WMU.  They seemed to really underachieve this year.

And everyone got the Rockets right.  Like the look of that.

No comments :