Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Falcons Struggle in All-Sports Titles

The All-Sports titles are out for the MAC, and once again, the Falcons have struggled. This has not been a strong point over the past few years, and it wasn't this year, either.

We finished 9th in the Men's Reese Cup standings, despite being one of only three MAC schools fielding six men's teams.

We were eighth place in the women's (Jacoby Cup) standings.

I know that I focus a lot on football and men's basketball, and that's strictly because of my personal interests (it is MY blog) and the amount of time I have to follow our teams. But I do believe in competition and athleticism, and those athletes in lower visibility sports are every bit the athletes that everyone else is.

And, I'd love to see us succeeding more across the board. There is no reason for us to be this poorly ranked. And I hope we're all about the business of turning it around.

Go Falcons

No comments :