Sunday, April 26, 2009

MAC Player Source of Draft Humor

When the Raiders picked Michael Mitchell of OU in the second round, I thought it must be a mistake....like they meant Ohio State or Oklahoma or something.

No, it was Ohio U. I thought, hmm, I thought I looked for draft-worthy MAC players, and I must have missed him.

So, I looked him up in the ESPN database. There was no actual information. ESPN said the same thing...no highlights. Not even a 40 time. He wasn't at the combine.

The ESPN gang then began to jump on this like nobody's business. Mel Kiper said the Raiders could have waited "at least" until the fifth round to get Mitchell. There was an implication that they could have gotten him as a UDFA.

Tom Jackson began to joke that Mitchell was out with his buddies shooting baskets, and someone comes to the door and says "Michael! The Raiders are on the phone."

Wow. So, if you are a Lions fan, you can at least be grateful you don't root for the Raiders. I hope he turns into a good player. But picking him in the second round?

Huh?
I looked him up on ESPN's databae.

No comments :