Monday, March 16, 2009

MAC Has New Commissioner

Dr. Jon Steinbrecher is the new Commissioner of the Mid American Conference. Prior to this, he was Commissioner of the Ohio Valley Conference...and prior to that of the Mid-Continent/Summit conference.

A few uninformed thoughts:

  • I don't like it when we people don't use the H in John.
  • He has a PhD? (Pssst...it is in Phys Ed).
  • He doesn't come from conferences with a D1-A football tradition, so I wonder what that means.

Other than that, he should get to work. There is lots to do.

1 comment :

Jon Williams said...

Funny...I don't like it when there IS an H in "John." ;-)

FWIW, can't speak for this guy, but mine's short for Jonathan, hence the lack of an H.

Beyond that, I was impressed with what I read in the press release. The only thing I'm reading into his lack of experience in a I-A football conference is that, hopefully, some focus will be given to basketball the way football was focused on for the past several years.