Friday, September 05, 2008

ESPNU

I had a little conversation with the guy sitting next to me at Pitt (a Falcon fan) about whether ESPNU constitutes national TV. I contend that it does not, and our national TV exposure in the MAC has dwindled since the days our games were on one of the two main networks. A couple facts for your consideration...

ESPN is in 80 million homes

ESPNU is in 20 million homes. (Data from ESPN sales documents on their website).

So, at 25% of the homes, is ESPNU a national network. Maybe I don't think its a national network because I don't get it....but I don't think we should be reconfiguring our schedule just to be on ESPNU.

One last thing...in USA Today, when they lists the football games on TV, they don't list ESPNU.

You can make up your own mind, of course.

No comments :