Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Game Notes Out

Oh, wallow in the sweet minutae, bathe in the data, let the anecdotes flow like rivers of milk and honey.

Oh yes.

So, the first game notes are out. I'm going to take a closer look soon, but a quick note to look at my favorite part....the depth chart.

A couple things....

I have been saying our O-Line is young. Actually, four of the five starters are in their fourth or fifth year in the program. (Only C Ben Bojicic is a R-Fr). And, I'd like to say they are unseasoned, and that's more true (like 60% true), as we look at their starts.

Curtis 13
Steffy 12
Minturn 4
Fink 3
Bojicic 0

What I think I mean to say when I say that I am worried about our line isn't that they are young or unseasoned, but that they're NOT THE GUYS WE HAD BEFORE. Coach thinks they are jelling, I hope he's right. I don't know if "coming around" is Coachtalk for "Oh Shit" or not.

The front 4 on D is just as bad. Diryal Briggs has 16 starts, but Nick Davis, Michael Ream and Joe Schaefer collectively have 8.

The Back 7 of the defensive is pretty experienced though, though not particularly deep.

There are only three true Fr on the depth chart--Adrien Spencer (CB), Keith Morgan (S), and Chip Robinson (G).

Meanwhile, there are 16 seniors on the 2-deep.

Most of the other stuff was covered in the press conference. Marques Parks beat out Chris Wright but that may be good or it may not.

I'll have some more observations on the game notes. Meanwhile, for me, the anticipation just continues to build.

No comments :