Friday, August 22, 2008

2008 Game By Game....

OK, bring on the pain....I'm going to try and pick how each Falcon football game will turn out---now, before the season even starts. I'll list the games, and then some explanation to follow.....

Date Opponent / Event Location Time/Result
08/30/08 at Pittsburgh TV Pittsburgh, Pa. L
09/06/08 vs. Minnesota TV Bowling Green, Ohio W
09/13/08 at Boise State Boise, Idaho L
09/27/08 at Wyoming TV Laramie, Wyo. W
10/04/08 vs. Eastern Michigan Bowling Green, Ohio W
10/11/08 at Akron Akron, Ohio W
10/18/08 vs. Miami Bowling Green, Ohio W
10/25/08 at Northern Illinois DeKalb, Ill. L
11/01/08 vs. Kent State Bowling Green, Ohio L
11/08/08 at Ohio Athens, Ohio W
11/21/08 vs. Buffalo Bowling Green, Ohio W
11/28/08 at Toledo TV Toledo, Ohio W

So, I'm saying 8-4, and 6-2 in the MAC, and as I said before, a MAC East Championship.

Here's the rationale.

I don't think we win on the road against Pitt or against Boise-----until I see otherwise, I am going to assume that their stud RBs will rack the yards up against us and control the ball enough that they win in the end.

I think Wyoming will be tough, but I'm going to take a road win there, and I'm going to hope that the Doyt Mojo works and we take Minnesota down in front of a huge crowd, much as we did against Missouri all those years ago.

In the conference, I see us losing twice. I don't think we can run the table on the road, but also think we should beat Akron and Ohio U, and that leaves a loss to Toledo or to NIU. I'm not picking us to lose to Toledo (I'm just not) so NIU it is.

At home, I think we beat everyone except Kent--there, I'm going to call for Eugene Jarvis to top 200 yards and beat us. The key game is obviously Miami, and I wrote about that earlier in the week. I'm going to figure that Miami also loses twice, and Kent loses 3 somewhere along the line, in case anyone is keeping track.

We'll check back in December to see how that worked out....

No comments :