Monday, January 08, 2007


Go Gators!!

BCS CHAMPIONS!!

Urban Meyer, six seasons after being named at BG is now the BCS Champion Coach.

A day of pride for the Falcon Nation.
We had something special, even for a short time.

On AZZ.com today, former FalconWR Kurt Gerling posted some memories of Coach Meyer. Here's what he said...important words for today.

I like to get on this website a few times a week and read what all of you have to say. There has only been a few things that have prompted me to post a remark or two, this happens to be one of them.

I played for Urban my senior year and I can say without a doubt that he is the best thing that has happened to BG in the past 15 years. Without him BG could still be where it was when I attended the school for my first 4 years.

Was I upset when he decided to leave? Absolutely. It was obviously the best move for him, his family, and his coaching staff. He has since become a top five coach in America and would do anything for a former player. He keeps in contact with me to this day and is always reminiscing about our days at Bowling Green. For anyone on this link to think that he doesn't care about BG or the people and friends here made here are crazy. We should be proud that he made his start at our school and that we all had a chance to see him coach.

If somone told you that if you left bowling green you would coach for the national championship in 4 years, all while having your family set for LIFE, having coach Gonzales's kids SET, Mullen SET, Drayton SET, Hevesy SET...would you go? KNowing that you left a program in 10 times better shape than it was when you arrived? Is there even a question? When he left the staff that stayed all got promotions, Beckman went to coach for a National Championship. Do you think that he would have gotten an opportunity to coach at O state with another 2-9 season under Blackney? Everyone benefitted from coach Meyer being here. SEBO center? I saw those plans drwan up on HIS desk my senior year.

I know that I am very proud to have met him and played for him, you all should be proud that he got his start at OUR school.

With all that said, we should all pull for that guy, because like it or not he put BG back on the college football map.
Right On. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't been here.

No comments :