Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Did Urban Learn Something

If you follow this blog, you know how strong my feelings are about what Urban Meyer pulled when he left Bowling Green. My lengthy post on "Coming to terms with Urban Meyer" can be seen here.

So Nick Saban pulls an Urban Liar manuever...not going to Alabama....going to Alabama. ESPN asked Urban what he thought of all this, and here is what he said.

"I learned my lesson at Bowling Green," Meyer said. "I was offered a job and I turned it down. I was all set. They went like this and stuck a microphone in my face and said, 'Are you going to take the job?' And I said, 'No. I'm not going to take the job.' And then a few days later I got the phone call from Utah. So everyone was all [ticked] and all that. What's the best way to handle it? Now that you're older? It's 'No comment.' That's always the best way to handle it. Because I heard coach Saban say there's no way he's going to be the coach at Alabama."

Yes, everybody was all ticked and all that. Even so, this is as close as Meyer will get to admitting he f***ed that one up.

No comments :