Monday, November 20, 2006

This Week's Blogpoll

Some thoughts.

I'm probably up for Mr. Stubborn and Mr. Bold again--didn't see too much this week that changed many opinions. Most teams had an easy game.

After considerable agonizing and thought, I decided to make USC #2. I think in the cold light of day that while UM did show heart, they really were lucky to be in the game Saturday. Without the three turnovers, I think we're dropping them lower than #3.

I still have Auburn up there. Same reasons as last week. I don't care that the Bama game was close--it was a rivalry game that Auburn won.

I moved Wisconsin up a couple slots, not because they beat the snot out of Buffalo, but because I reconsidered their one loss season--with the only loss to an obviously good team. They should probably even be higher.

College football is not deep this year. I do not favor a rematch between OSU and UM so long as one of the following is true:

  • USC has one loss
  • Either Florida or Arkansas has one loss.

RankTeamDelta
1 Ohio State --
2 Southern Cal 2
3 Michigan 1
4 Florida 1
5 Arkansas --
6 Texas 1
7 Auburn 1
8 LSU --
9 Notre Dame --
10 Louisville 2
11 Boise State 2
12 Oklahoma 2
13 West Virginia 2
14 Rutgers 3
15 California 5
16 Wisconsin 3
17 Virginia Tech 1
18 Tennessee 2
19 Georgia Tech 2
20 Boston College 1
21 Brigham Young 1
22 Nebraska 3
23 Clemson 3
24 TCU 2
25 Texas A&M 1

Dropped Out: Wake Forest (#20), Maryland (#23), Oregon (#24).

No comments :