Sunday, October 30, 2005

Lions lose

Candidly, I didn't watch this one too closely. I'm burned out on crappy football right now, and the Lions always provide a snootful. Healthy we're a poor team, and injured we're a bad team. We make Kyle Orton look like Johnny Unitas, and even with all that we should have won the game.

Garcia was horrid today, including losing the game (the one thing he supposed to not do), and he tried to throw it away on the ridiculous heave that just happened to go forward. Scottie Vines outplayed Mike Williams (how do we draft three malcontents in the first round), and we can't seem to get Marcus Pollard into the action. I thought Jones ran hard, as he usually does.

Our defense is banged up--our two best players are out, and we don't have the depth to cover it, and on offense, we don't have the WRs to move the ball. I think our line play is uneven--sometimes OK, sometimes a sieve.

Mooch certainly had a good day arguing with the refs. We were robbed on that fumble, no question, but we took more food out of our own mouth.

Like I said, I'm burned out on lousy football. Time to look for a new hobby.

No comments :