Took some time tonight with Boise/San Jose State on in the background to review the game notes....here, in no particular order, are some things I found interesting.
- We haven't won at NIU since 1985. When I was in college. A long, long time ago. (Granted, we don't play out there often).
- A loss would give us a 3-5 start, the worst since Gary Blackney was Coach.
- Northern was picked to be the worst team in the West by the media. Phil Steele thought they would be one of the most improved teams in the country.
- Tomorrow is the five year anniversary of the Gameday experience at the Doyt. That was probably the best overall experience I can remember at the Doyt. Good times....(Karma?)
- The published two-deep is very stable. Although we are struggling at RB with injuries, this team cannot (and has not) said injuries were a serious problem.
- AT is still listed as the back up at TB.
- The notes tout our improved run defense...but the last two teams have gone over 200 on us.
- AT had 126 against Akron. Here's a little quiz. What is the second highest amount of rushing yards in a game for our team? (Answer later)
- Also answered later...name every time a Falcon receiver has had 100 yards or 10 catches this season?
- We have given up 12 TD drives of 70 yards or more, and have only 7.
- The Miami game continued one unenviable trend...we have not stopped a team from scoring in the red zone this year.
No Falcon receiver has 10 catches or 100 yards this season.