Friday, November 13, 2020

Unforgettable Loeffler Presser

So, you have probably heard that Coach Loeffler did his presser.  It was a doozy.  A classic.  It goes up there in the top pressers of BG History, which (off the top of my head) include Dan Dakich yelling at Dan Cummins, the "train has left the station" Dino Babers presser, the Gregg Brandon "our fans are pathetic" presser...just off the top of my head.

Honorable mention to Dakich's post-game interview with Todd Walker after the debacle in Buffalo.

And the never to be surpassed press conference in a BG facility, which is Charlie Coles and "sandwiches."

Anyway, I'm not going to try to summarize it.  You must listen.  It cannot be adequately described in words.

I don't know who set him off....he keeps demanding common sense...but most people I talk to and hear from understand what's going on.  I checked in on AZZ.com and there are a couple critics there, but nothing you wouldn't expect.  So I don't know who it was or what it was.

But, dang. Note, in particular, references to "using" this school for 2 years and recruiting a bunch of people who don't belong here.  (Looking at you, Dino).  And that whenever a guy comes in for a fired coach and wins right away, it's just that things were OK and the previous coach ran out of time.  (Looking at you, Urban Frank Meyer III.)

I'm on board.  I believe this is the right guy and the right approach.  Ultimately, we will succeed or we will not, but that uncertainty would exist with any approach.  This is how we should do it and he's the perfect guy.

Enjoy....this is unforgettable.

2 comments :

joel said...

I'm ready to run through a wall for Coach Loeffler! We need to be above .500 in 2022 and competing for the title in 2023 and if that happens this video will be legendary!

Ken said...

Wow. Thanks for pointing out that we should watch this.