Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Lichtensteiger Video Welcomes BG Back to Empty Doyt


 

You can see above, as Falcon Hall-of-Famer Kory Lichgensteiger narrates, a heartwarming video about the first home game under COVID. (Made by BGSU).

It's well done and pretty moving.  Sad but resilient.

I can't deny it.  It's a pretty sad day.  On my TimeHop, I get pictures from this time of year, pictures from my seat in the Doyt. Today is the anniversary of the Fog Bowl.  And you think about the decades of happy memories going to games there.  It's nearly beyond my comprehension that we're going to play games and I won't be able to be there.  

It's the right thing to do and I support it, but man it's hard to fathom.

And then basketball, too.  And hockey.  There's going be a basketball and football season and I won't see any of it live.

It's painful.

To be sure, people have had worse...loved ones dying, permanent disabilities, lost jobs, lives upturned.  We'll survive this.  But there's loss here, nonetheless.

I watched the top physicians from Ohio on the DeWine presser yesterday.  These men and women (speaking with actual knowledge) think that an effective vaccine will be widely available next summer. Which means by the 2021 season there's a shot we're back to normal again.  And that would be great.

In the meantime, this is how we live.  Ohio set a new record for new cases and new hospitalizations. And who knows how many games will be played--I just saw that LSU-Alabama was canceled for Saturday.  We can't afford to cling to anything right now.  We just need to get through this

No comments :