Sunday, September 27, 2015

Falcons Hang #3 on Boilermakers



And there it is.  It was simply a great day for Falcon fans.  For a program like ours, there are no insignificant wins over Big 10 teams...and then to pick up a second in the same month...and to do it so dramatically.  I'm just incredibly proud of our team and the effort they put forth out there.  More later on all that, but it was a great day.

Let me just say this.  There is nothing....in sports anyway....that beats the feeling you can as you walk back to your car  after your team has completed the Big Power 5 upset.  You're wearing your orange...and you don't have to say a word, you don't have to mock, you don't have to shout, you just walk in your orange and your head held high...they can see you and they know.  They know.

Best walk ever.

It was important to me, too, the Purdue thing.  My father brought our family to the Purdue game in 1972.  He's not with us anymore, but (or, so) I brought my son to the Purdue game when he was 7.  And we won.  And the picture below is that same son holding the 3 up to celebrate the BG's third win in that stadium.

Yeah.  It was a good day.



No comments :