Friday, January 04, 2013

Game By Game Predictions, Reality Prediction Part II




So, part II means we look at the MAC results and see how my predictions for each game performed.  Rememeber, all these picks are done before the season starts.

In general, I did pretty well.  Note this state

I see us going 8-4 and 6-2 with a 2nd place finish in the East.  Key wins we need to hold onto are Miami and EMU, and if the OU or Toledo game can go differently, this team could really achieve.
Which is pretty much what happened.  The records and the division finish were, in fact, right on.  And, in fact, I picked 10 of the 12 games correctly.  My only misses were that BG won @OU and lost at home to Kent, which I thought would go the opposite way.  But, still, most of the games went pretty much as I expected.

I don't go back and check, so this is probably the season that unfolded most in line with expectations in a long time.  There will be more season reviews coming up, but for now, I think this is a good snapshot.  BG won the games you'd expect them to and lost the games you'd expect them to.

@Florida     LOSS    RIGHT
Idaho    WIN   RIGHT
@Toledo    LOSS   RIGHT
@Va Tech   LOSS   RIGHT
Rhode Island  WIN   RIGHT
@Akron   WIN   RIGHT
Miami    WIN    RIGHT
@UMass    WIN   RIGHT
EMU     WIN   RIGHT
@OU   LOSS  WRONG
Kent   WIN   WRONG
Buffalo (Neutral field)   WIN   RIGHT

No comments :