Sunday, December 04, 2011

Draft Blogpoll Ballot

A few points this week.

First, I tried to put Oklahoma State ahead of Alabama.  It is a close call.  Alabama has two top 25 wins--Penn State (#21) and Arkansas (#8).  They also lost in OT to LSU.  Meanwhile, OK State has a bad loss to Iowa State (unranked), yet has 3 to 25 wins:  OK (#20), Bayor (#19) and Kansas State (#11).  On balance, the quality of Alabama's loss, on top of having a higher quality best win then OK State in my mind makes Alabama #2.  However, I see how people could view it otherwise...and I fully expect the Blogpoll to move OK State into #2.

I mentioned last week that there were two teams I was out of the mainstream on.  Just to spike the ball a little, I did not have Houston or Virginia Tech slotted into the top 10.  Both were overrated with a lack of quality wins.  And Saturday, they both showed it.  So, double fist pump on this end.

No comments :