Sunday, March 13, 2011

NCAA Tournament....the Streak continues



As for the streak of BG's last NCAA appearance, it continues now to 43 years.  Until very late on Saturday, it looked like Harvard could get in....but we dodged a bullet on a miracle Princeton victory.  In fact, no one slipped by us this year.  


The list is actually one shorter, however, starting next year.  Centenary has taken itself off the list, not by making the tournament, but by giving up the chase.  They are leaving D1 forever.  This means that their drought will remain frozen at 50 years, like a fly in amber.


On the other hand, BG remains on this rather sad list.....

Maybe next year.....

(List of all teams with a longer non-NCAA appearance streak than BGSU)

Columbia: Last appeared in 1968
Tennessee Tech: Last appeared in 1963
Yale: Last appeared in 1962
Maine: Division I since 1962
New Hampshire: Division I since 1962
Centenary (La.): Division I since 1960
Dartmouth: Last appeared in 1959
Harvard: Last appeared in 1946
Army: Division I since 1948
Citadel: Division I since 1948
Northwestern: Division I since 1948
St. Francis (N.Y.): Division I since 1948
William & Mary: Division I since 1948

No comments :