Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hoops Tournaments Stay at the Q

I know this is catch-up, but while I was on vacation I saw that the men's AND women's MAC basketball tourneys had re-upped at the Q through 2017.  

This is a little surprising.  I felt that the best solution would have been to have the tournament in different cities, giving the women a stronger identity and sane gametimes, and allowing all the men's teams to go to the Q and eliminating sparsely-attended opening round home site games.  In addition, I think the Huntington Center would have been a perfect location for the women's tournament.  Finally, I think the coaches in the MAC agree with me.

Apparently that couldn't work out.  Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the Q and it has been a really nice venue for us, and I am sure it will continue to be in the future.  There would have been nice things about the other arrangement as well.

No comments :