Monday, October 19, 2009

CBSSports.com Blog Poll Draft

Comments accepted and desired...


A few thoughts.


I am now doing my ranking for a week without looking at the previous week, so it is now a surprise to post it and see who moved.


I note that the AP poll finally followed the blogger's lead and moved Alabama to #1.


I don't really think Iowa jumps 8 solely because of their win over Wisconsin. Might be too high.


I considered dropping OSU and OK out completely. OSU has virtually nothing to show for this season in the way of quality wins, and OK has 3 losses. However, I decided to leave them both in because realistically, they are both probably better than Georgia, who was my last team out.





Rank
Team
Delta
1
Alabama
2
Florida
3
Texas
4
Iowa
8
5
Boise State
6
Southern Cal
1
7
Miami (Florida)
1
8
Oregon
2
9
LSU
10
Georgia Tech
4
11
Oklahoma State
7
12
Cincinnati
1
13
Penn State
3
14
TCU
1
15
Virginia Tech
11
16
California
17
Houston
8
18
South Carolina
3
19
Texas Tech
20
Nebraska
21
Brigham Young
4
22
Ohio State
14
23
Mississippi
24
Utah
25
Oklahoma
4
Last week's ballot

Dropped Out: Kansas (#19), Arkansas (#22), Auburn (#23).

3 comments :

Tim said...

I think you have TCU *way* too low.. They are undefeated and while they have not played anyone of note they are winning big...

Orange said...

What about UC? I keep think they are *way* too low too.

Anonymous said...

Obviously no love for the Bearcats - although they are only one of 3 teams who have beaten three BCS opponents on the road.

Then again, all the love to Texas ... for what? Having the only Bevo in the game today? Who, by the way, doesn't match the accomplishments of Bevo Francis!

And Ga Tech? They too have accomplished a lot.