Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Interesting article from Tennessee on Coach Clawson

I know it is just a media interview, but I continue to like what I hear from Coach Clawson. This is an article looking back on his one year at Tennessee. In it, I think he takes a realistic and humane approach to what happened during what had to have been an awful year.


"Too many people's lives were negatively affected by what happened last season, so I don't think it's appropriate to put it in terms of who has landed on his feet and who hasn't," Clawson says.

"It was different from what Tennessee had run before offensively, and that presented some problems," he said. "I knew it would take some time for the players to learn it, grow into it and execute it.

"I never anticipated that there was the possibility we would be one-and-done. If I had known that, maybe we could have adjusted some things."

One last thing, note that his offensive scheme is considered somewhat complicated, just in the "what can we expect" category.

No comments :