Saturday, October 13, 2007

Its Back Squared

No, not the cold weather, though today it is 30 degrees here in the lovely Great Lakes. No, not the falling leaves of autumn.

No, I'm talking about two things.

First, today is Louis Orr's first practice with the Falcons hoopsters. Everyone in the nation is excited to see our hoops program turnaround.

Second, today we have meaningful Falcon football. I tried to think back to the last one---at the most its the UT game at the Doyt when we could have won the West. I looked back at the 2006 debacle. In retrospect, I'm going to say that once Kent blew us out at home we knew that we weren't going anywhere. But, really, I think we knew that anyway.

So, for the first time, since November 05, the Falcons take the field in a meaningful game--one that will decide if we stay in control of our own fate or if we will be scoreboard watching and playing catch up. This is a road game against a team that is at least as good as us--but they aren't healthy. If we're playing well, we can win this game.

I'm real excited. Like counting the hours excited.

Addendum: Miami is throwing all its spears. Today, they are retiring Big Ben's number.

No comments :