Wednesday, July 26, 2006

9/9 BG-Buffalo moved to 3 PM

OK, by me. I think we'll get a good crowd, and it makes my life easier, drive wise. The tailgaters are down as they were looking forward to a full (and I mean full) day of tailgating. Can't quite follow why from, say, 9 Am to 3 PM isn't sufficient, but to each his own. Perhaps when I was younger.

Now, the reason has been cited a couple different ways. The official line is "events in the community" such as the Black Swamp Arts Festival, and I think that is a good thing. People can go to the game, and then go downtown and here the music and hear the musical acts. Of course, some are suggesting that the REAL reason is the huge, megadeath game between OSU and Texas that night.

Either way...objectively, the night games haven't had a big difference in attendance. We kind of limp along as always.

No comments :