Saturday, August 20, 2005

Lions Lose Again

Here's the deal. I don't really know what to say. Intellectually, I know all the arguments. Joey looked pretty good. We don't care about winning, we just want to improve. The D only allowed 14 points. The offense will be OK. Don't read too much into it. Yeah, I know.

I can't shake it, though. It feels like this is another bad team. I know the Browns only scored 14 offensive points, and only 7 if you discount late-game scrubs. But, from my seat, the Browns moved the ball all over us when their #1O was out there. Our #1 continues to absolutely blow in the redzone. Why is Mike Williams not playing with the first team, at least a little?

And if we can say that its OK that our offense didn't score, they moved the ball and made first downs, and that's what you look for. If that's true, than the same test should be applied to the D, and they didn't, in my view, do the job. The Browns didn't go three and out once in the first half.

I guess health-wise, it looks OK. Shaun Rogers might be injured (which would be very bad), but it doesn't seem like anyone thinks its too serious.

I'm going to take a closer look at the schedule another time, but I really worry about whether this club is a .500 team. I hope I am proven wrong.

No comments :