Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Falcons Lose Hoops Recruit

Reports on AZZ.com have us losing one of our recruits for hoops, a Jeremy Holland.

Here's what was said about him when him came on board.

Falcon fans are running him down already. I'm a little disappointed that he didn't work out. He looked like a good one and he had some height that we needed. From the data below (which is probably a tad hyperbolic), he sounds like the kind of guy we could use. But, the class was kind of large, so maybe we can spread it out a little.

  • Holland chose BGSU over similar offers from Eastern Kentucky, Evansville, and Indiana State University..
  • Holland is a phenomenal offensive skilled player as a triple threat to 25'..
  • He averaged 22 ppg and 8rpg last season while incurring double teams each nite..
  • He is very long armed and in possession of a wide frame that can carry at least 240 Pounds of muscle in College..
  • If he becomes more physical , we believe he has a chance to become The MAC's All Time Leading scorer! He has that much ability to stop and pop quickly from all areas of the court to 25'..
UPDATE: Hoopfactor.com, who we have pushed before, has this on the departure of Holland. Note the last two sentences.

Jeremy Holland Leaves BG

BG Recruit Jeremy Holland has left the program. Holland was apparently homesick from the start and left once before and came back. The fact that he had access to a car probably didn’t help matters. It happens, especially with brand new kids. Only problem is when they don’t come back. From people I’ve talked to Holland’s been gone for a more than a minute and he isn’t coming back. This is sure to add fuel to the fire over the defections that have plagued BG’s program over the last two years. Still, if they can keep their core together they could be murder by the end of the season – and look out for next season…If is a scary word though.
He also talks to Lionel Sullivan, who, it appears, has not gotten in a car and left.

My man Lionel “Train” Sullivan hollered to talk about his first 6 weeks in Bowling Green, Ohio. You adjusting well to BG: At first I had to get used to it cause it ain’t home but now it’s cool. I’m pretty well adjusted. I know the first 6 weeks are gonna be tough but I’ll handle it. I’m willing to do whatever I gotta do to make it here and beyond. We looking real good as a squad though. How often are you and the fellas playing and are you impressed with everyone? We play every night usually after dinner, 6, 6:30 no later than 7:30 we usually get started. Samarco’s tough, that’s my boy. I got much love for Samarco because I been knowing him since 10th grade. He can’t handle me now but that’s my boy, he’s tough as hell. You miss Detroit? Hell yeah, I’m going back for a couple of weeks on Thursday. I’m looking forward to that. Talk about your experience with Coach Dakich thus far? Me and coach gonna be cool. It’s all about hard work and winning so me and Coach Dack want the same thing. I know once the season starts he’s probably gonna flip the script some but that’s what it’s about at this level – hard work and doing what you have to. How old are you? 18 years old. What was coming up on the Westside of the “D” like? Things are crazy in Detroit. I come from the Westside like you said on Plymouth and some people will say it ain’t hard there like 6, 7 or 8 mile is, but it’s plenty hard. If I wasn’t playing ball or out with my girlfriend I was just chilling in the house with my girl and my Mom. Detroit is Detroit know what I mean. Detroit is Detroit. Thanks for talking man, I look forward to getting to know you more throughout the year: No doubt Big Time, me too. Don’t know why Train called me Big Time but hey, it’s got a ring to it.

No comments :