Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Lions move on Free Agent Market

Whoa! After getting jilted and embarassed by Kurt Warner and other free agents, the Lions finally struck.

They signed Kenoy Kennedy, who is reported to be a hard-hitting strong safety from the Broncos. He fills a big hole, in my opinion. I think our corners are solid, as are the linebackers and the line. I wrote in my year-end review that I felt the Lions defense was underrated and pretty good on a play by play basis, and if they offense kept the other team off the field more and we added a safety and Boss Bailey, they were good enough to win. I think this addition helps a lot.

The Lions also signed Marcus Pollard, a guy I really like in our offense. You now look at Joey with a running threat, Williams, Rogers, and Pollard to throw to, and this team should be able to stay on the field. Things could be looking up.

Killer has his take. Don't miss the end of the article where he talks about getting a guard, a 3WR, and a 2QB yet.

One last thing. All the mock drafts have focused on a Safety and a TE for the Lions, both of which are plainly out of the picture for us now. What could the next draft priority be? O-Line?

No comments :