Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Falcon Football Game By Game

It's here...a mere 60 (or so) hours before the kickoff of the season.  Here, for the purposes of humbling, is how I see the season unfolding.

@MSU  LOSS

In '13 or '15 this would have been a winnable game.  Still is winnable, I suppose, but with both teams trying to rebuild, I'm going to say MSU wins at home.

South Dakota  WIN

The Coyotes are picked to finish #7 in the MVFC, so I'm thinking BG should notch its first win.

@Northwestern  LOSS

Northwestern is the toughest game on the non-conference schedule.  They could win the Big Ten West and this one is a likely BG loss.

@Middle Tennessee State  LOSS

The Blue Raiders took the Falcons last year at the Doyt.  They lost a bunch of starters, but return their QB and WR combo and are likely C-USA contenders.  This one isn't outside the realm of possibility, but I think MTSU will win this one.

Akron WIN

I see a win here.  The Zips are always, you know, OK.  I despise their strategy of getting so many transfers.  I'm going BG.

@Miami  LOSS

Miami is back where they have traditionally been, which is as one of the MAC powerhouses.  They beat BG last year at the Doyt and they will be too much for BG to handle.

Ohio LOSS

OU is the other team that is favored to win the East.  OU won last year in Athens.  This is a good bellwether game for us, at home.  If BG is improved, this is one that could be picked off.  However, on a close call, I think BG loses this one.

NIU  WIN

Yeah, this is another tough one.  NIU is getting back, just like BG, but they are not what they once were especially on offense.  NIU blew BG out last year in DeKalb.  I'm going to take this as my upset for the year.

@Kent WIN

BG should win this one as Kent is struggling and now has issues with the health of their coach.  Falcons get win #4.

@Buffalo WIN

Buffalo seems stuck.  I like the Leipold hire, and as an away game this one could be tough but I will take BG to win their third straight.

Toledo  LOSS

I know.  Look, at home, with a team maybe getting stronger every week and coming off a bye...maybe the Falcons get it done.  If they do, Jinks can breathe easier, that's for sure.  Probability is not in our favor.

@EMU WIN

BG should have won this game last year.  The Eagles are rebuilding and getting better, but I think BG gets this win.

SO.  6-6/5-3.  Bowl game.  Almost for certain no to win the East with the losses to Miami and OU, but still showing improvement and an upward tick and winning four out of the last five.

Let's see what actually happens.

No comments :