Saturday, September 13, 2008

Boise Preview

I haven't really done a Boise preview yet. The game's today...so, I guess at least a shot at it is warranted. The biggest reason I haven't is that this team is loaded. I could stop the preview there. Also, they've only played one game and they beat a badly inferior team like a drum, so not much was revealed in that game.

Their QB, Kellen Moore, is a freshmen, but he beat out a Sr. to get the job. He had excellent numbers in the opener, but they didn't throw the ball a ton. When they do, they have excellent receivers, one of whom was suspended last week. Of course, at RB, they have Ian Johnson, the hero of the Oklahoma game (yes, the one that proposed to the cheerleader) and some other guys.

On offense, their only question is the offensive line, which Phil Steele says is their least experienced in 10 years. That's not an especially great match-up for us, because our D-Line is not our strongest position. I guess I would say this. If we have a chance at winning, we're going to need to win this battle and Briggs is going to have to cause havoc in the passing game.

On defense, the front seven is expected to improve this year, and Boise is really proud of what has been done with the linebackers in the off-season. Their pass defense had some losses, too.

Their kicker is awesome.

And, they are 50-2 since 2000 on their home field.

For something more interesting, you can click here. Ryan had the Boise student reporter blog the Broncos earlier this week.

At the beginning of the year, I picked Boise to win this game. I do believe if we play our very best game, we can stay with this team. Having said that, its a great test for us, and let's see what happens.

I'm thinking I will buy BroncoVision to watch tonight. I hate listening to the visiting announcers, but it might be worth it to be able to see the game as opposed to just listening.

No comments :