Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Blog Bet

OK, for the last two weeks we've had a good time Blog Swapping with opposing bloggers. This week, we take it a little bit further, to the state of actual wagering.

One Bronco Nation Under God (OBNUG) is a really good website actually....I mean its got formatting and design and everything. So they contacted me and wanted to make a wager on this week's game.

The bet is this. If the Broncos when, then Kevan gets to make a post on my blog next week. And if the Falcons win, I get to make a post on his blog.

Sounds fun, right? And for the record, Falcon fans, he offered me a point spread bet or a side bet (like how many TDs Ian Johnson will get). I think you can read a little "confidence" between the lines there....anyway, that's not how I roll. If I'm going to bet on the Falcons, it is to win straight up.

So, the bet is on. If you're looking for a preview of the game, check his site out. If you do, you will find an interesting post skewering BG Radio Sports for what is viewed as a Boise-ignorant comparison of the two teams. The OBNUG post is here and the original post is here.

Someone on the site wonders if Bowling Green was looking AHEAD to Boise. Hmm...first Big 10 team to play on our field....uh, no. I don't think so. Any Falcon fan (or player) would trade a win over Minnesota for a win over Boise anyday.

I have tremendous respect for the Boise program, which is the only one I know of that has earned respect from a non-BCS position. More than any other team, they have fought their way to the grown ups table. That win over Oklahoma was inspirational.

They're a great opponent for us and a good test. I wish I was going out there, as I hear Boise is awesome. Having said that, if Boise ever plays here, that would be a great day to be a Falcon.

I think we can win this game. Boise is favored on their field, as they should be. But if we play our best game, I think we can win.

As my Dad said, "that's why they play the game."

No comments :