Here are my answers to Daily Gopher's questions....
1. What a win for the Falcons in week one. What is going on here? Is Bowling Green underrated or was Pittsburg vastly overrate living off their West Virginia upset from 2007?
Well, a little of both. I actually posted that I thought Pitt was making too much of the West Virginia upset, and a couple fans come onboard to dispute me. I didn't remember it as some momentous victory and I had a moment of ironic satisfaction on my way back to the car when I saw a T-shirt for sale that had the score of the game. Pitt has some players, but lots of problems, and we out-coached them big time. Wannstedt is back on the hot seat there. We also made plays on defense, and took care of the ball, both of which helped us win, despite a statistical inferority. So, far, I think we were underrated to start the season, but that's still a work in progress.
2. What can we expect from Tyler Sheehan this week? 163 yard performance on 40 pass attempts isn't very impressive, but Gopher fans remember his career game of 388 yards last year.
3. Are the Falcons even going to try and run the ball?
4. Bowling Green's defense is arguably the best in the MAC, is Minnesota going to be able to rack up 400+ yards again or is there something different about this year's D?
5. It isn't very often that Bowling Green gets to host a BCS program, by my count this is the third in seven years. Even though Minnesota is a lower tier Big Ten team this year is there elevated anticipation for this game?