Sunday, June 24, 2018

BG Continues JUCO recruiting


Josh Moore is the latest commit to the BG Football program, yet another signee from a JUCO.  He is from Coffeyville CC in Kansas, where he only played one season, catching 10 passes, 154 yards and 1 TD.

He's from Prattville, AL.  According to this, when he spoke at his signing day he said that he had once been headed to Tulsa, but "I didn’t get my grades right. First off, I want to tell you young guys, stay on top of y’all’s grades. Because going to college for free is something good."

Which it is.

He apparently played QB as a junior, moved to Lubbock (all roads lead to Lubbock), and then moved back to Prattville and played WR.  This same story says he had 10 offers (out of HS) including Cincinnati, Tulane, Arkansas State and Troy and I saw elsewhere that he visited Michigan.  On 247, you can see that he had an offer from BG, in fact, as well as Utah.

He was a 2-star recruit out of Prattville.

While in Lubbock he won the district title in the long jump.

His twitter profile says he will be graduating in December 2018, but my guess is that if he is coming now that he is going to be eligible this Fall. 

If so, he represents a rash of late 2018 signees as BG looks to plug gaps.  As I said before, the sense I get is that Spring practice revealed players were not as ready as hoped and the staff knows they cannot afford another awful year.  There were also losses at WR.

On second thought, I'm going to take his profile at face value.

Welcome to the Falcons, Josh.

No comments :