Thursday, June 16, 2016

Football Verbal: Andrew Clair

The Falcons have yet another verbal commit this week, and it is another 3-star player, based on 24/7 sports.  I have been vocal about my concerns with the coaching staff, but they are clearly succeeding at getting highly-rated recruits that other schools want.  This is incredibly important, though just one part of winning championships...but credit where credit is due.

This young man is Andrew Clair of the St. Louis University HS in Portland....OK, no, it's in St. Louis.  He's a 5'9"170 lb all-purpose back...according to 24/7 the #25 such back in the country and the #8 player in the St. Louis region.

He had an early offer from Iowa, but as their recruiting emerged they wanted him to be a DB in college and he wants to be a RB.  Here's what he said on Hawkeye Nation:

Clair said he chose Bowling Green, which competes in the MAC, because of “how early I could play, the type of offense that fits my skill set, the programs that I want to study and distance from home. But the most important one was am I comfortable and my family is comfortable there.”
As a junior, he rushed for 1,303 yards, which is 8.9 YPC and 21 TDs.

He also had offers from Ball State, NIU, North Dakota State, South Dakota State and Northern Iowa.

Welcome to the Falcons, Andrew.




No comments :