Friday, April 10, 2015

Jans Issues Apology

CHRIS JANS STATEMENT

On March 21st I made a mistake for which I sincerely
apologize. After our final loss of the season I went to a bar to be
amongst friends, became intoxicated and proceeded to act in a
manner which was inappropriate. I have tried to instill in every
student I’ve coached the importance of taking responsibility for
one’s actions, and that is what I am trying to do now.

I have been completely forthcoming and honest with the Bowling
Green State University administration during this process. I
immediately made efforts to apologize to those offended that
evening including the woman who approached me that night to
chastise me for my conduct. Although I have already apologized to
my wife, my family, my players and coaches, I want to now publicly
apologize to everyone else, including any one in the BGSU
community who may have been affected by this matter - I am truly
sorry.

Finally, I want to thank BGSU for giving me the opportunity to be
its head basketball coach. I plan to use the future months and
years to improve myself as an individual and to show them that
their faith in me as a coach, and a person, was not unwarranted.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

How many people that couldn't forgive him for his mistake actually attend games? Negative reputation for the program? They get 1400 people a game! Are the people not showing up going to not show up twice because of this?