Friday, November 08, 2013

Clawson Presser

No real news yesterday...he said some nice things about BG's seniors, who are playing their final home game on Tuesday.  They were 2-10 their first year at BG, and apparently there were bad influences in the locker room trying to distract them away from football, but they stuck with it and are, we hope, working toward a big reward this year.

The other thing was more on the funny side.  Coach Clawson was diplomatic when he was asked about the awful call on the Tettleton intentional grounding, and then went on to say that it is philosophy that you have to let bad calls go right away and move on to the next thing.

I was like, REALLY?  I mean, I love Coach and he has done a great job here and I think he represents the university very well....having said that, I have never seen a coach with more stamina in arguing with the officials than Clawson.  Honestly, I think the line judge goes home with Clawson's voice ringing in his ears.  Sometimes, a play is more than 30 minutes old and a time out is called and he's STILL working the officials on the call.  Let it go right away?  I cannot imagine that's what he is doing.

He says he was worse when he was young; that must have been something to see.

No comments :