Sunday, March 11, 2012

Falcon Men In Post-Season Play...

Hard as it might seem to believe, BG's men's basketball team will play in the post-season.  They have accepted a bid to the collegeinsider.com tournament, and will play @Oakland Wednesday night at 7 pm.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  I heard rumors about this for a little, but I couldn't imagine they were true.  BG was 15-15 against D1 competition, 6th in the MAC....just hard to believe that this is a post-season team, even as watered down as it gets.

I'm torn...on one hand, the year and its finish was so disappointing that it is hard to get excited about going on, especially given the lackluster effort we got when we had a chance to keep playing.

Of course, I'm a fan, and I'm happy that Thomas, Brown and Oglesby, each of whom has given all they had to the Falcon program, will get to play at least one more game.

For that sake alone, I wouldn't say what many fans are saying....that BG should have turned this opportunity down.

But, it doesn't do anything to mitigate what the season was.  It just means that there are way too many post-season spots.

No comments :