Sunday, December 02, 2007

First on Falcons and the Hurricanes

Apparently, some Tulsa fans on the Internets view GMAC as a comedown, BG as an inferior opponent, the MAC as beneath them.

You can see for yourself here.

When I stop laughing.

No conference suffers from delusions of granduer more than Conference USA, a collection of half-assed, redneck wannabes talking in single syllables.

Don't get me wrong. I love college football, and I love mid-major college sports. Its about being an athlete and competing, and its as wonderful and sacred in the NAIA, DIII, DII, or the MAC.

Its not right when people from the Big Ten or SEC think their brand of intercollegiate competition is superior.

When C-USA does it, its laughable.

According to this season's Sagarin rankings, they are the 13th ranked conference in college football.

That's behind the Sun Belt.

And the Colonial Conference. That's I-AA, if you're scoring.

We #80. They're #83.

They have a good team, a good quarterback, and they score points by the bushel, even if they think they're something they aren't.

I look forward to the game.

No comments :