Wednesday, May 30, 2007

If you want to screw the Falcons, it will cost you!!

Falcon fans are constantly agitated by going on the road for the front end of a 1-1, and then have the team dump out on us. See Florida International or South Florida. Boise State does not apply-I think we opted out of that one. In this week's ask the AD, GChris reveals that it will now cost $500K to back out on us! So there.

Beyond that, he reveals we were paid $650K to go to Columbus, and pay $200K to get a I-AA team to the Doyt.

I guess the high back out fee is a good idea. I wonder, however, why we didn't do it before. It can't be because Krebs didn't think of it--I mean, who wouldn't think of it? I always figured that no one would sign a 1-1 with us if there was a really high fee to back out. Perhaps we can start to get better deals.

Meanwhile, the 1-1 with Minnesota is an excellent deal for our team.

And, I will say it again. The Falcon Nation loves the idea of six homes at the Doyt. Big Time.

No comments :